hi I have vw car when I start engine everything is ok after 30 minutes driving the engine gets very hot cames smoke from engine and the oil pressure light on at idel stat and when I drive it the engine lose piwer at last it will stop

Asked by Dec 07, 2013 at 07:31 PM about the Volkswagen Cabriolet

hi I have vw car when  I start engine everything is ok after 30 minutes driving the engine gets very hot cames smoke from engine and the oil pressure light on at idel stat and when I drive it the engine lose piwer at last it will stop

117,865

I would not drive it in that condition. Check all your fluids. Coolant and oil. Sounds like your engine is running way to hot. Failure to address these issues and continued driving will blow your motor up.

43,735

I would be replacing the following items right away: Thermostat, oil pump. Have you noticed if your electric cooling fan is working? That could have quit causing your car to over heat in the 30 minute time frame as well.