my cabriolet is strange. I runs great most of the time. Once in a while while driving the rpms fall below 10k and the car bogs down. It take about 45 seconds to get to 45 mph from a stop. When this happens I drive home and park the car. Upon the next start up everything is working fine. I have a new fuel filter, plugs air filter,wires, no vaccum leaks. Your thoughts on whast I could check next? Thank you

Asked by Jan 17, 2007 at 10:38 AM about the 1989 Volkswagen Cabriolet

The car runs fine most of the time. On occassion the rpms drop below 10k and the car bogs down. It takes about 45 seconds to get up to 45 mph from a stop, I park the car in the garage and drive it again in a few days with no problem. This cannot be good for the engine. what do you suggest?

Here is a link to the same problem you are having: This question and answer forum goes through what could be the problem. I would read through the conversation. It will help you figure out what the problem is. Good luck.