I have to keep boosting my 06 Sebring, it starts and when it needs to be started a couple of days later, it won't start. The I have to boost it again. Why does this keep happening?

120

Asked by Mar 03, 2014 at 10:12 AM about the Chrysler Sebring

540

First check your battery cable connections at both ends. Make sure they are clean and tight, (use a wire brush). After you have driven a significant distance without shutting off the engine, (30 miles or so), stop by an auto parts store and ask them to check your battery under load. They will do this for free. If your battery is good and the connections are clean and tight, there is something drawing on your battery while the car is turned off. This could be an interior light, aftermarket radio or other accessory, or a short. Let's hope for a dirty cable connection....good luck.

Posable power drain/short in your electrical system, or a bad batt charge your batt with it disconected, note you should charge a batt on 2 amp for 4 to 6 hr, if you have been chargeing it higher it will couse shorts, if hooked up to your car and wear out the batt cells quicker. After charged correctly check the voltage make a note, let it sit over night unhooked if voltage drops replace the batt. If no voltage drop you have a short/drain on the cars systems. Do your self a favor take it to a good shop to have it diagnosed.