I'm gettig no gas

5

Asked by Aug 31, 2010 at 04:52 AM about the Chrysler Conquest

i get into my car head down the road after a couple miles it starts acting like it's running out of gas then dies..it turns over but nothing... the only time it starts is when you spray starting fluid through the intake manifold..it's not getting gas somewhere.... i've never been on a car forum i dont know car termalogy... my late husband "god rest his soul" took care of my car problems..As anyone with this car knows parts are expensive and hard to find.muchless someone that actually knows how to work on it...I've had my car 22yrs i have a love hate relationship I call her my mesobitchy car...is there someone that can help me please and thank-you

55

Could be a fuel pump or even just a fuel filter. I had a 1989 Conquest. LOVED it. good luck

5

yeah i had the same problem especially when the car was warm. i installed new fuel lines, fuel filter, and fuel pump. now it runs great. remember to test the pump first before installing it and once installed hook it up to a 12 volt battery to push the fuel to the engine with fuel line off near the injector.