Window winder = security

Asked by Mar 18, 2010 at 11:34 AM about the 1989 Ford Laser

Hi.

About 2 weeks ago my little lazer got broken into, the crooks managed to force down the rear left window and open the door. Now, to prevent this from happening in the future ive come up with a simple little trick. To lock the windows up I'm simply tying a length of cord to the arm rest on the doors and tying a loop at the end, simply roll up the window and slip the loop over the winder handle and presto, a "locked" window.

Now, the rear windows went off without a hitch. (the winders were in the perfect positions) but the front windows are a problem... They sit at wildly diffrent angles.

My question is this; How can I remove/set the position of the winder handles? I thought they were screwed on or simply popped on but I dare not force it... Dont want to break anything. So, any one know how?

15

Yep you can change the angle of the handle they sit on a shaft (toothed) take clip at back of winder off and handle comes off...then adjust it to where you need it . Easy .

15

And dont forget to put clip back in too ..

Hmmm, Its held in by a pin you say. That makes things easier, thanks a bunch!