How can i increase power in my 1985 ford laser, apart from turbo cause i already have one

35

Asked by May 29, 2010 at 02:47 AM about the 1985 Ford Laser

I want to increase power in my ford laser but i dont no what else i can do apart from turbo...

35

apart from turbo, your hp/tq increases will be severly limited. Honestly unless you want headaches and more problems in the future, just leave it alone and buy a car with aftermarket support. Any race car game will give you an idea if it has aftermarket support, if the car is in the game it has support from the aftermarket. BUT just cause im a nice guy, Increasing intake piping, exhaust size, and removing air restrictions are simple things to increase power. If you want more details to need more information, and i suggest you search for it, or buy a book. I can't hold your hand on this.

285

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GfDWQbnb-Zo LOL. Seriously though, you'd probably need custom parts and universal parts, and poke around online to see if anybody knows about aftermarket parts for other vehicles that fit. But if I were you i'd just sell the car and get another that's easier to modify.

10

why not try a new car intake or different exhaust possibly even ECU which would alos boost your car hp by 30+bhp

35

This car is just temporary and it was my dads so its free to me, im currently short 17-18 grand for my project car, im not all into the whole "tuner" type cars im more "muscle" and v8's... things in that area...

10

fair does mate but a good muscle car to use as a project could be shelby gt 500 1964 version they are brilliant and they are suprisingly cheap for restoration projects

35

Yeah na i live in Australia, you dont find nothing over here like that haha, that would be a rare find here. Iv already got car well a Ute... here's a pic of what it will look like, except in green... http://www.google.com.au/imgres?imgurl=http://memimage.cardomain.com/ride_images/3/3426/1901/33563450002_large.jpg&imgrefurl=http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3356345&usg=__RCX8gHtW5Ve4urgFVaYgfUYPfYU=&h=768&w=1024&sz=156&hl=en&start=18&um=1&itbs=1&tbnid=11GOqO2ds2QGAM:&tbnh=113&tbnw=150&prev=/images%3Fq%3Dholden%2Bhq%2Bute%26um%3D1%26hl%3Den%26client%3Dfirefox-a%26rls%3Dorg.mozilla:en-GB:official%26tbs%3Disch:1,ic:specific,isc:red

285

You're in aussie? Awesome. What are you thinking?! GET A COMMODORE. I know everybody over there has one ( just sit by the waiting area in front of the airport and start counting) but still, if you're in Australia you have to get one. They are way better than american domestic muscle ( this will get so much flak from the patriots around here ). I mean the only american muscle car worth mentioning, the camaro, runs on Holden design. So yeah, resist the temptation to mod that ford laser and get a better car in time. It'll be worth it.

35

Na mate everyone's got a Commodore LOL thats why i dont want one, i like my Ute and its pure Australian muscle.

285

Sure that's cool. Post stuff up when you have updates on it.

10

Upgrade all ur piston..Maybe 1mm or 2mm for each..Their size..Followed by valve and camshaft..If cn try to change n mod the ECU chip..Tune it for high performance..Ur engine will produce more pressure in through the extractor for the turbo to reach a higher boost..HKS air filter,change the turbine(turbo fan)..Its nt about the fan size,its about the pieces on it..HKS blow off valve is nice..

285

Appreciated advice but A) He doesn't have a turbo B) Increasing boost pressure isn't such a simple affair C) Nobody really produces aftermarket parts for the ford laser therefore all those things you've mentioned have to be custom fabricated which gets real expensive except for the D) HKS air filter which is probably one of the worst aftermarket air filters if you've read that infamous article on air filter comparison.

1,545

i agree with Jin on this one. there arent really any parts that are exactly fabricated for a ford laser.. and it is expensive to have them custom-made.. so i strongly suggest, stay naturally aspirated and just get bigger pistons, a port polish and basic stuff.. drop in a nice aftermarket ram (seriously, not HKS..) and a full exhaust kit plus the performance muffler..

55

cone air filter, high flow fuel filter, rc racing injectors, probably a adjustable f.p.r , get all the emission systems out egr etc, 5 speed sway, clutch maybe, legit blow off valves u can get a flange for that, waste gate, down pipe, side exit exhaust fuck it do it yall need it, high octane gas, rims wheels, strip the car of weight, theres somewhat endless possibility's, if you wanna do it do it, forget the haters i bet it will smoke half there cars

Best Answer
35

If you read my question properly you will see it says i already have a turbo