what would make my 98 cavalier stalll in idle position but if put in neutral or park while in the idle position it does not stall or hesitate?

Asked by May 27, 2007 at 02:31 PM about the 1998 Chevrolet Cavalier

21,230

Hi rhryniw420! Something like that is pretty hard to diagnose via text. But here's a trouble shooting guide that will help you narrow down some problems. It sound to me though that you should get this one in front of a mechanic. Good luck! http://autorepair.about.com/cs/troubleshooting/a/bl303b.htm

230

Hi rhryniw420... does your car start right away after restart? If no your camshaft sensor will cause this to happen is you car a 2.2 L and is located behind the engine just above the oil filter.. or consult your mechanic if its to complicated..You need to remove your airconditioning air canister on the firewall and your cruse box to be able to get behind the engine. Good luck

5

Check all the wires and grounds and make sure they have not been worn or eaten or disconnected. Next check all connections and make sure none of them are loose. After all that, if it is still doing it, it could possibly be a dirty sensor.