windshield reflection

Asked by Aug 02, 2008 at 06:44 PM about the 2008 Toyota Prius

at night, i have noticed a reflection from my dashboard panel on the windshield.  has anyone else noticed this? it is very annoying. is there anything i can do? thanks

nothing.

30

I'm a Prius owner and have never noticed such an issue. What reflection are you seeing? Is it the speedometer? My only recommendation would be to turn down the brightness of the instrument panel. Pull out your owner's manual and look for the reference for "Instrument panel light control". This will help you turn down the brightness which might help. Good luck!

10

I just bought a Toyota Prius Hybrid. The sun is bright in NJ even with snow on the ground. When the sun is at a 30 degree angle ahead of me either right or left, there is a dashboard reflection on my front windshield. It really is a hazard. Any suggestions? Also, the manual says one must touch metal before filling tank with gas to discharge static electricity or there is a danger of explosion. Is the tank made of plastic? Why would they put us in danger? I haven't filled up yet. Advice, please.

1,005

Does the Manual HONESTLY say that? Wow... There's another nail in Toyota's coffin for me... You guys would try putting black felt on your dashboards, it might cut down the reflection a little... it will also prevent the dash from Fading... I don't know if it would help, but you migh also try tinting your passenger compartment windows... cut down on excess light in the car.

I have the same problem. Service personnel saw it under darkened conditions and were surprised at how pronounced it was. Dealer has not been helpful. Says the district manager must check it out. I am begining to feel the old run-around.

20

That suggestion to touch metal before filling up is routine for every car. There is a chance of combustion if you have a spark near gasoline. That's why there is no smoking allowed near gas pumps and you also shouldn't talk on you cell phone while filling up. It has nothing to do with you Prius.

65

Yeah, I didn't notice anything till after the windshield had to be replaced...wondered if the factory windshield was anti-reflective or something? Just learned to live with it :(

135

I've noticed this too, and fixed it in a snap. Don't worry, as your indicator lights are probably just a little too bright. Refer to your owners manual to find out how to dim them. Toyota makes very sharp, easy to read instruments that are also very easy to use. Dimming included! Good luck. :-) (P.S.) If you mentioned the edition and year of your Prius, I could have given a little more advice. Sorry. :-)