2004 Prius - water damage to communication wiring from faulty windshield?

Asked by Nov 05, 2013 at 11:36 AM about the 2004 Toyota Prius

Hello. Has anyone encountered this problem or heard of anything about it? I have a 2004 Prius CVT-E with 160,000 miles. It gave me the check engine lights and after I drove it for a mile, it ran out of power and wouldn't accelerate, though it kept starting. After towing it to the dealer, they said there was a "loss of communication with ECMs and RCM junction connector for J18 for communication line due to water damaged from windshield leaking and shorting connector and junction block." There was also water damage to the carpet and headliner assembly (it was raining that day). They said that the windshield must've been installed improperly at some point, but I don't remember ever having to replace the windshield.

So is it possible that they can tell that the windshield was different from the original, and has anyone heard of any problems with original windshields? Also, has anyone encountered any problems similar to this or any tips and suggestions would be appreciated.

HOLD the "start" button down...and just keep holding it down...for a spell this might bring you around~

crikey was there like a small beverage full of water at your feet? just a few drips, right? just HARD reset should put you right (as I've described)~

these things are designed to face moist ambient conditions and I believe that it's simply a matter of resetting the computer as the harness SHOULD be able to take bein' underwater~....and fire right up~