86 crx headlight help!

5

Asked by Oct 30, 2010 at 09:16 PM about the 1986 Honda Civic CRX

hi i am stqrting to put together my 86 crx si and want to know if aftermarket lights for
a 88-89 crx light will fit and if any other parth from that year on will fit. i can't find
any site thats sells anything for my year plz help thanks

135

I'm not the most savvy on 1st gens. But check out redpepperracing.com they have a lot of info on the 1st gens and can probably be of great help.

55

naw the 88 to 89 lights wont fit the lights are lil longer and a diffrent shape. in order to put those lights in youed have to convert the hole front end to 88- 89 crx and cut the front core support out to be able to install the lights or cut and make your own brackets to fit them. well i hoped this helped thats really all the info i have and could think of lol

75

No chance. The model-year change from 1987 to 1988 completely changed the car; body-wise there is not a single carryover part (apart from maybe the wheels which share bolt circle diameter). In fact, the 84-87 CRX shared very few (if any) body parts with Civics of the same generation. If you want to make your first gen stand out, Jamie Houseman in London, ON still makes the Mugen CRX Pro bodykit. He is a great guy to work with (I am in the same sports-car club as him) and his prices, considering it is hand-laid fiberglass, are not unreasonable. Check out his cool first-gen stuff at http://www.housemanautosport.com .

10

Need to buy a 86 crx to get the head light sweet huh