crx drive train swap

Asked by Jan 22, 2009 at 01:39 AM about the 1991 Honda Civic CRX

can i convert my 91 crx to all wheel drive using the drivetrain from an 88 civic 4wd wagon, without much hassle?

1,285

its possible... kinda... without hassle part is going to be a LONG shot... better off keeping it like it is

2,210

You can do it but you'll have to do a LOT of fabrication because the AWD Civic is longer. As a minimum you'll have to fabricate a driveshaft tunnel, shorten the driveshaft, install the transfer case, re-locate the fuel tank and that's just what I can think of off the top of my head. Bucket of worms!

1,285

the way i was thinking, if he has to ask, then hes in over his head, if he plans on doing it him self at least. and if someone else does it its going to cost buckets of money that being said, it would be one amazing car if done properly