1990 Olds 88 engine died. Body in good shape. Don't want to scrap it. What should I do?

Asked by Mar 31, 2015 at 04:41 PM about the 1990 Oldsmobile Eighty-Eight

We've had this car since 1998.  It's had 2 engines but it looks and rides really good.  I'm really sad that my husband wants to scrap it because it's going to take $1k to fix.  I would rather sell the car to someone who wants to fix it and drive it.  So far the only people interested are junk dealers.  Advice?

65,955

Unfortunately these cars aren't popular with collectors at all. Since it's 25 years old you may consider insuring it as an antique/classic car. It'll only cost about $100 per year and you can get another engine for it. You'll still be able to drive and enjoy it. Otherwise scrapping it is probably your best option. HTH. -Jim