how can i get into my trunk of my 1989 cutlass?

Asked by Oct 19, 2013 at 05:10 PM about the 1989 Oldsmobile Cutlass Supreme

My key doesn't open the trunk of my car. I tried everyhting except calling a locksmith. I
tried to pull the backseat up, it didn't bulge. HELP!

You can try going to the parts counter of your local GM dealer with proof of ownership and your vehicle identification number. But on an '89 Model they probably won't still have the key codes still on file. But it's worth a shot. The key for the doors, glove box, and trunk were the same originally. I assume you don't have a power trunk release button in the glove box? For future reference the key code is stamped on the trunk's lock cylinder. HTH. -Jim

Use your hands and spread the cushions apart between the "back" and "bottom" part of the seat where the seat belt buckles attach to the car body. There are two bolts that hold the bottom down and then there will be two or more that hold the "back" section up so that you can get into the trunk area.

Thank you both for your response. I was able to get into the trunk by going through the back seat the way Fordtudor37 explained it.