what is wrong with my 1985 LTD crown vic

Asked by Jul 11, 2014 at 11:50 AM about the 1985 Ford LTD Crown Victoria

I have changed the altenator, distributor, spark plugs/ wires, fuel filter, new battery, and the coil. the car cranks over but will not start. what should i change next.

237,135

Does the fuel pump have power or working? Check for fuel pressure? I rather diagnose a problem than throw misc parts at a vehicle.

109,935

Which engine do you have? The 5.8 or 5.0? Also has it been setting UNDRIVEN for a while? Or was it running ok then just stopped starting?

It is the 5.0 302 engine... It was running then it just stopped..

109,935

Have you checked your fuel pressure?

109,935

http://autorepair.about.com/library/firing_orders/bl-fo-13097.htm - you sure you have your plug wires back on correctly? If not check out this link.

I took it to a shop and had it checked out.. The guy changed the fuel filter on it and said it was fixed... I did not even take it out of the shop before it stopped working again... This guy rattled off saying it could many different things.. I feel like the guy was playing me for money... So I decided to get your opinions on it... I will check the pressure and get back on here

Solenoid happened to mine. Check your grounds and inline fuses. It can be simple as hell. Fuel pump or filter. Try to jump the solenoid with a flathead with the key in on position. If it starts your reassured the solenoid is bad