Ignition Question on my 1983 Ford LTD Crown Victoria

40

Asked by Jan 30, 2015 at 11:30 PM about the 1983 Ford LTD Crown Victoria

Before I begin, I wanted to say thanks for answering my previous question regarding my tire's Load Index.  BTW, I stuck with what it called for.  It cost a little more, but I don't want to take a chance with it.  Thanks again!

Now, I'm STILL working on getting "Roxanne" to fire up.  The timing is set, I'm getting spark, and I'm getting fuel to the injectors.  The battery is good as well.  However, I got someone to look at the distributor, and we're both not seeing an electronic ignition pick-up inside the distributor.  Now, it could just be that someone stuck in a random distributor.  However, I'm not seeing the wiring where the electronic ignition pick-up should plug into.  Any ideas?   Please help!!!!  Thanks in advance.

8,300

Crankshaft position sensor ? Duraspark ? I think that may be EEC-III

8,300

That means theres an engine control ECA under the seat. an ignition box that says duraspark, and a sensor at the vibration damper for crank position, (No stator , no module in/on the distrib body)