our 74 GTO says Sports Coupe inside. Is it just a GTO?

Asked by Jun 07, 2009 at 10:33 PM about the 1974 Pontiac GTO

15

I sent you message... guessing you've already parted ways with the poncho. Oh well.

15

You are off by a few years, as was Loubear. Lou is standing in front of a 1974 Lemans GT (same abody chassis as chevelle, cutlass, etc). If it was a GTO in that body it would be a 1973 (I have one). Behind that might be a Ventura (same chassis as a Nova, Omega, etc), if it was a GTO it would be a 1974. The Phoenix was an XBody compact Pontiac made after 1977.

8,015

you are right my mind is slipping... http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/2/2d/%2773_Pontiac_Grand_Am.jpg i liked them at the time they were nice how could i forget the grand am.

15

Drives me nuts though, this is the exact car I've been looking for a companion to my black 73 GTO, but Loubear is not responding to messages. I'm guessing from the trees that he is in the south central of the US, possibly even Texas like me. Wish he had some sort of profile posted. Oh well. So close, yet so far. Good luck Loubear... where ever you happen to be.

does anybody know where to get a 1974 gto shaker air cleaner from? thanks, gralen. you can email me at gralenstarling123@gmail.com thanks again.

15

Parts... hmmm... ebay is great place to overspend and get into a bidding war, so, I'd suggest the forums at Performance Years (expect to pay in the upper range parts can fetch though), or - do a nationwide search thru Jaxed.com (be sure to search 74 GTO, 1974 GTO, 74 Shaker). There are a few on there now. Be patient, I've seen them for as low $75, just might take a few weeks.

Where did you find it on there? I couldn't find any...

15

Guess the bear is hibernating... no response. darn. again.

I just bouught a 74 gto hood shakker now im llooking for the hood. Im going to rebuild the. Pontiac engine

15

Was jaxed.com any help?

It was but I bought off of ebay

15

Cool. Good luck. I've been keeping my eye on 74 GTO in a side yard in Fort Worth, but my 69 and 73 are taking all my energy

How much is the 74?

15

I haven't asked. Red on red console car, all there. Figured I'd ask one of these days.

Is it a automatic? Nice bumpers and fenders and seats?

15

Yes, auto with console. Fairly worn interior, Drivers side fender and headlight bucket area is crunched. has a 350 olds engine

25

I'm pretty sure they only made GTO's in '74.

15

what? they ONLY made GTO's in 1974?.... and you're pretty sure about that? You are off a bit... to the tune of... 9 other model years (1964 thru 1974), and a few more if you count the latest generation.... but you're "pretty sure"... guess they need to rewrite the history books based on your wild ass guess

5

that is a 73 and its possable check the vin number that will tell you the story

thats just the body style.