2003 Chevrolet Cavalier ...Clutch stuck to floor

Asked by Nov 04, 2015 at 03:35 PM about the 2003 Chevrolet Cavalier

I was driving home from work and suddenly my clutch dropped to the floor. It wont come back up, unless you pull it with your hand or foot. Could not change gears. When i took it back home, I noticed my car was leaking the Dot 3/brake fluid from the bottom of my car. Does this seem like a master clutch cylinder or slave cylinder replacement situation?Approximately how much will it cost to get it replaced?

Your clutch hydraulics need repair. The cost should be fairly small as it is a simple repair.

Thank you for your response. I called a mechanic and he said that I need to replace a the clutch master & slave cylinder. He estimated that it will be $850-900 for labor and parts. He also said that is it rigorous work since since he has to take out the transmission to get to the slave cylinder ( a total of 6hrs of work). I found his quote quite high ! what do you guys think?

Jenn Kopen

This happened to me with my 2003 Cavalier and I ended up paying around $1500 for a new clutch. I was told that because of the design of the clutch that it was too labor intensive to justify only fixing the spring because they'd have to take the whole clutch apart to get to it.