My 2004 chevy cavelier will go in gear but when I pull out it won't change gears. The rpm gage will max out before it will change gears. I have change transmission and still have same problems.

Asked by May 22, 2013 at 10:54 PM about the 2004 Chevrolet Cavalier

My 2004 chevy cavelier will go in gear but when l put it in drive and pull out it won't change gears.  It still runs good just won't change gears. The rpm gage will max out before it will change gears. When I let off the gas the rpm gage quickly falls.  I have changed transmission and still have same problems.

705

You might want to check the vaccum modulator and connections.

33,615

Fuel injected, it doesn't have a vacuum modulator. The transmission shift point is determined by the throttle position sensor. Is your check engine light on? At what mph does it shift when redlined?

i don't have a tachometer working and the speedometer won't work. it has second gear and first but no drive or cruise control wont work this is the 3rd transmission in the car a 2004 chevy caviler.. any help would be nice