heck engine light question

Asked by Apr 08, 2011 at 07:49 PM about the 1996 Land Rover Discovery

I bought this vehicle 4 days ago, the next day the check engine light came on...can anyone tell me how to reset the light so I can get it inspected...then deal with the problem?...help !!

that was supposed to say check engine light...and Im in southern NH

I purchased a "Code Reader" that is capable of resetting such a Fault Code. They are relatively inexpensive, and like you, as long as I don't suspect anything too serious at the time, I like to reset that particular code "once", just to see if it was tripped inadvertently, as just last night, my daughter switched on the rear A/C, which "tripped" several lights on my dashboard! So, since I didn't notice any problems, I hooked up my Code Reader and it did spit out a few codes, relating to the Oxygen Sensors. I simply logged the codes and reset them and haven't had them reappear thus far. Hope this helps.