I have a 2000 discovery II, check engine light stays on code says its the cam position sensor changed it out and it still stays on.can anyone give me any info. thank you

Asked by Dec 22, 2014 at 02:29 PM about the 2001 Land Rover Discovery

cam sensor light stays on even after replacing it, also changed out 02 sensors and
complete tune up. check engine light code still indicates cam position sensor bad

it needs to be reset after you do all that i think you have to take it the dealer to have it reset and or to a repair shop that deals with that type of vehicle......then it should go off successfully and good luck!!!!!!

Unless you clear the computer with a scan tool after the repair is done it can take a week or so of normal driving before the light goes off. The computer must test the system a few times before it's satisfied that the problem is fixed. HTH. -Jim