where is my fuel regulator on my 1986 300zx

45

Asked by Jan 20, 2008 at 09:35 PM about the 1986 Nissan 300ZX

my 86 300zx is in need of a new regulator but i need to locate it to determine if it is indeed what i need to replace ive had two fix it guys say replace it n my o rings the rings seem fine but im lost on this regulator

you have a carabuator on this year modle no regulator on it,what is your car doing ,maby we can help you out.to go out on a limb here you having fuel problem if so change fuel filter and check fuel pump,is a manual one.not in gas tank,bolted on engine.

43,895

If you have fuel injection, your regulator would be on the fuel rail where the injectors are. Looks like a round piece about 1.5" in diameter and 1" high.

165

Z31s are NOT carburated. They ARE fuel injected. the fuel pressure regulator is on the front of the intake plenum(the part that has the NISSAN 3000 cover on it). right smack dab in front of you, and on top when you open the hood. it will have three hoses connected to it. One coming off the top, and two on the bottom. there will also be a small sensor threaded into the side(fuel temp. sensor)

Couple NON z owners there....... Just did this on my z and Greg is correct, tools, ten mm socket,(1/4 in w 3in extention)pliers,Phillips, under regulator are two ten mm bolts use caution if they fall the regulator will vibrate till rail line break creating a fire risk. Remove fuel input line, this hose will be a toughie gently clamp w pliers and rotate hose to loosen seal DONT damage this hose,it will leak if you do use thr pliers to remove spring clamps,repeat loosening of rail inlets,FOOT NOTE: replace rail hoses and clamps at same time to ensure zero leaks. Reverse assembly.