1988 Cabrio Karmann

Asked by May 22, 2011 at 11:21 AM about the 1988 Volkswagen Cabriolet

We are thinking of buying a Cabriolet, it has a rough idle and when driving it is hesitating to accelerate, it does not reach highway speed do to the hesitation. It has been sitting for 2 years??? Please help.

115

Check to see that the vacuum lines are intact to the "breather" attached to the underside of the hood.

115

Another cause ( this happened to mine) the wires going to the fuel injector can ground out on the block, find short and repair, all little tape and mine has run for 3 years!!

115

and it could be as simple as 'old" gas or gummy gas buildup in injectors.....