What is my 1988 Cabriolet Boutique worth?

Asked by Jun 13, 2011 at 10:17 PM about the 1988 Volkswagen Cabriolet

I am the original owner of my 1988 VW Cabriolet Boutique.  It has 65,000 miles and has never been driven in the winters.  It has always been stored inside a heated warehouse when not driven.  I replaced the top 3 years ago. LOVE the car buy own 6 other vehicles.  My gas gauge doesn't work and I can not find the manual for the radio to reset it after replacing the battery.  Is there a "'universal" code to reset the radio?

10

Give your VIN number to your VW dealer and they can give you the reset code. It also may be in your owner's packet. Value is probably $5,000 to $6,000. Is everything else (interior, body, mechanicals, etc.) good? Good luck.

160

The radio in a 1988 has an owner programmed code. (Heidelberg V radio). If you look at cabby-info.com, you can find reset instructions. Value of the car may varry but for a car in good clean condition, $5,000 is a good start. I was offered $8,000 for my '87 last year.

30

I am about to buy a 'mint-bodied' white 1988 VW Cabriolet (Wife says NO, not until one of our other cars is gone!!!), that has sat 4 years with gas cap off, 129,000 miles, last licensed 2010, needs top pretty bad (but useable), headliner too & conv. 'top boot', windshield, both long chrome side moulding stips and probably a set of tires and brakes. It didn't pass smog back when it was parked. It supposidly runs, but: (1) is this puppy worth $800? (2) if not or if so, is there anyone out there that might be interested? Body seems perfect except filled with spider webs after sitting that long.... I would be too ... Thanks, Richard, Sacramento, CA