1987 VW Cabrillet 1.8L - no power

Asked by Sep 06, 2010 at 08:17 PM about the 1987 Volkswagen Cabriolet

I have a 1987 VW Cabriolet 1.8L since a few days I am having some trouble with my VW. The car idles very low at 400-500 rpm and has now power while driving. I replaced the following parts so far.
- Fuse Box (some sockets melted away and replaced them all with new fuses) also some rewiring was necessary
- Fuel Pump Relay + Fuse
- Fuel Filter
- Ignition Coil
- Ignition Wires (the entire set)
- Distributor Cap & Rotor
- Spark Plugs
- Air Filter
- I checked all vacuum Hoses with Flammable Brake Cleaner and the ones that leaked I replaced

I can't measure the fuel pressure because i don't have any Fuel Pressure Gauges. I suspect that the fuel pump is not okay but would like to be certain. Any Ideas what else could be bad?

Also I have three parts I cannot identify any idea what they might be.

and then there is this part

and here is the last part

your first pic is of the fuel pressure regulator the second one is your idle boost valve (black one is regular idle boost valve the white one is the ac idle boost valve for when the ac is on) i cant really tell what is in your third pic