1990 Cabriolet has no power on acceleration.

10

Asked by Oct 09, 2014 at 09:44 AM about the 1990 Volkswagen Cabriolet

1990 Cabriolet has no power on acceleration.  I mean it is really dogging, can't get out of it's own way.  As I SLOWLY pick up speed the car eventually kicks in and goes.

'Cabriolet' keeps re-directing me to Corvette Bill. Go figure. Anyway, if you are in to trying to troubleshoot this yourself, go to the site in my next post, I can put in in one line--easier to hyperlink.. Hope it is of some help. 1990 before OBDII

http://tech.corvettecentral.com/2011/01/c4-diagnostic-trouble-codes/

10

I figured it out... the bolt that holds down the distributor was loose and the timing was off. Thank for the support.

Cool, glad you got it. But kicking myself for not figuring it out, should have paid attention to you question. By running OK after slow acceleration should have thought of timing, and timing advance.