How do i fix my 1987 Volkswagen Cabriolet?

Asked by Apr 06, 2009 at 02:30 PM about the 1987 Volkswagen Cabriolet

the car hasnt been driven for several years and i need to know how i would begin to fix it!!!

115

1.charge the battery 2.check the spark plugs 3.take the air filter off, then spray a bit of starting fluid into the butterfly in the intake 4.attach the battery 5.put new gas and can of heet in the tank 6. turn it over

10

Good Tips Above...After doing those... Even if it does not start as long as it turns over you know the engine is still good. If it starts DO NOT rev it up. Take it easy and let it idle with minimal help i.e. light revving. You will get quite a bit of white smoke from the water that has accumulated in the system for about 5 minutes or so. Check all your fluids, change the oil and filter (add RESTORE additive), top off with fresh 91 octane (add LUCAS gas treatment) run the tank out with some good local driving and top it off with some more fresh gas and take it to a good VW tech to give it a basic once over...good luck!