84 westy front windshield fluid

Asked by Mar 01, 2008 at 10:25 PM about the 1984 Volkswagen Vanagon

i have a silly question.........i lost my manual and am wondering if the rear windshield fluid container services the front windshield pump as well as the rear. i hear the pump working but no fluid comes out. the rear works fine and the container is full. does anyone know if there is a separate container for the front? thanks!

42,955

Typically there is a front reservoir as well. You may have a cracked line which is allowing it to suck air and so not pump any fluid out. You may also have a plugged nozzle.

265

the front container is in the left corner on the floor at the driver,.. perhaps hidden by the carpet