1983 vanagon

Asked by Oct 18, 2007 at 07:07 PM about the 1983 Volkswagen Vanagon

I'm trying to figure out what parts I need to stop exhaust coming up out through the front vents and middle console. The engine was
rebuilt two years ago. It runs fine other than the exhaust. Does anyone have any ideas to help me? Thanks.

There is visible smoke coming from the middle console. Could this be the heater?

195

Is this 1983 air cooled or water cooled ? 1983 the first part of the year are the last of the air cooled vanagons and they are great vans and very rear the later part of the year they went to water cooled and they have lots of trouble?