1953 VW

Asked by Oct 23, 2007 at 12:17 PM about the 1953 Volkswagen Beetle

Hello, I have what seems to be a 1953 VW Beetle,that as far as I can tell never been damaged,the VIN # is 1-0423399,it has the split rear window,I think that it may be a early 53,any help would be greatly apprieciated.Thanks Ernie

a split window 53 you bet what will you take for it?????????

The car is not for sale at this time,I will try and send a picture.Thanks Ernie

Well here it is,I have more pictures if you want to see them,the car is in very very good condition,I can't find any evidence that it has ever been damaged,I also have the original engine,it is out being rebuilt with genuine German parts for a 53 VW,Thank You very much for your interest.Ernie

beatifulcar and i guess you know a rare one to. beatiful thanks for pict. for all of us to see.

10

Did you buy this car in Alabama by chance???I saw one for sale in the same color and condition a few years ago. I have car number 337517 and it is an earlier version of this same car.I also have number 225744, which is an earlier car that has the first style dashboard in it and has a cloth 3-fold sunroof in it.If you have any questions about vws, feel free to ask.I have nearly one of every year offered to the states during the 1950's...

Thank You very much for the info,this car has been sitting in storage for the last ten years,some one had started a comple off pan restoration,the pan is very close to perfect,so I am going to try an finish the resto,then see what I have.Any info regrauding early VW's is most apprieciated.Have a Good Day.Ernie

Nice early 1953 V.W., ---- take your time in restoring it and you'll be proud when it's done. I have a 1950 V.W. split window which still have the black ong pant on it and still running just fine. Good luck in restoring your "53".