why my 89 jeep comanche runs hot? new water pump and thermostat i just put in

Asked by Sep 03, 2014 at 10:23 PM about the 1989 Jeep Comanche

u can fill the  water tank  start it  let it run about 5 minutes  and water is  spewing out  from under cap.. is there a flap valve at front of engine that may be clogged  and causing water not to flow  thru hoses and cool engine??I see there is only 2 bolts to it, bottom  clamp of water tank to rusted I cant gt clamp off to  take  tank off completely to check  it first for leaks,,any ideas before I start to attempt this on my own.. email address latyza30@aol.com.

105,325

Make sure you didn't put the thermostat in backwards, it does happen, if that is not the case then you one heck of an air pocket and this style of Jeep's cooling system they can be a real bear to get out, on problem engines sometimes filling the cooling system via a heater hose has worked.