EGR Valve Adapter For '85 Grand Wagoneer

Asked by Jun 12, 2014 at 03:45 PM about the 1985 Jeep Grand Wagoneer

I'm trying to get my 85 grand wagoneer to pass emissions. I have an edelbrock intake
manifold with no port for egr valve. Is there an adapter I can buy so that I can connect my
egr valve?

93,025

The manifold had to have been drilled for an EGR valve to make it work. I don't know of any adapter to make it work short of buying an emission intake manifold. What is the build date of your Jeep? Most states after a rig is 30 years old they go emission exempt. Might be worth checking into in your state.

Thx tennisshoes! In California vehicles that are 1975 and older are emission exempt, I've got an '85. I'm still looking for a cheaper route to getting my rig to pass smog, a new manifold and carburetor is pretty pricey. Thanks again!

93,025

Have you tried an auto wrecker, you might get lucky and find a stock unit cheap.

Yea... the auto salvage is gonna be my next move

2,965

make sure when you get an intake with egr at the wrecking yard, that it is a 4bbl as i am guessing your elde and current carb are 4bbl. most amc motors only had 2bbl carbs. and also, there is no way to turn a non egr elde into egr as they dont have any exhaust ports in the non egr intake. Also since the intake has been changed, the eld intake dont have all the vaccum ports that the original did, you will need a lot of vaccum equipment like temp vac switches, all air pump valves and thermo switches. I already went thru this hassle for a grand wagoneer in Chicago. They did a visual inspection first, and if all the vacuum hoses and switches on the motor didnt match the emission sticker under the hood, no pass.