Power Valve for a 1989 Grand Wagoneer.

Asked by May 19, 2010 at 10:30 PM about the 1989 Jeep Grand Wagoneer

Ok I just bought a 1989 grand wagoneer ,  Ran it through emissions and No Go. My carbons were at 216 , and the Nox was at .45 and the Hc was at 6.08. I have read the the power valve can stick and make your carbon really high. So I grabbed My hanes book , and guess what it is not in there . Where is this thing located at . The engine is the v-8 360. I am sooo lost. Also I have no pressure at all on the evap test. Got a big ZERO on that with a note that says no tank line???? Any help would be great ...

the power valve is in the throtle body,but it sounds like the cadalatic converter is stoped up,I would have a new one installed,im a state inspector at a local garage,I feel this will solve your problem,also put a can of sea fome in your gas tank,it will clean out the fuel lines and throtle body.