Where are the wheel beaaring located on a 1989 Dodge Dynasty?

Asked by Dec 04, 2014 at 12:38 PM about the 1989 Dodge Dynasty

I have a loud roaring noise at 30 mph on the left front side.

5,525

In the hub. This is the part for your car according to parts place.

254,195

Inside the front wheel hub. Requires the proper tools to remove and replace. Have your mechanic inspect the car to make sure that is your issue before replacing.

My 1989 Dodge Dynasty is a front wheel drive, so do I have wheel bearings?

5,525

Yes, this mess connects to your front hubs and drives the wheels

8,600

Weird, that looks like a hub and Bearing complete bolt -on assembly. The rear. That is, unless they redesigned the front. The last K-car I had, you had to remove the knuckle, And the axle from the knuckle via the hub spline, Press the hub out of the bearing, and the bearing out of the knuckle. This would mean dodge was able to evolve on their own without subsidy ? Quick, somebody wake up Darwin.

5,525

Dynasty is front wheel drive. It has rear drums and these types of bearings on the rear. It's very similar to my '90 Grand Caravan

8,600

Then they did redesign the front so you can remove the bearing without pressing it out of the steering knuckle. That's great. And the rear hub is like, say, a taurus platform car. It was not too many years before 89 that the knuckle was carrying everything pressed together. God, I am so glad I was able to block that out. Thanks for the info, and it is good news for the car's owner.

8,600

That is great. We had to ask for 2.5 hours plus parts before the update. The newer design would drop the tech's portion to .9 hr We had to waste the time fabricating receiving cups and stabilize the knuckle on the press before. Sometimes it would flex the knuckle visibly because of The jig-up job our journeyman had invented. I was a first year apprentice in those days. Your photo lets me know I can stop worrying and go back to loving the mercedes I was supposed to be fixing. Thanks, ytlas.

5,525

Here's a video of a later model. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MWoahgJgmS0