What kinds of light bulbs?

Asked by Oct 25, 2011 at 03:41 PM about the 1965 Dodge Dart

I have a 1965 4 dr. Looking for the correct wattage that would go into the tail lights
and the head light. I just was given the car and don't really know much about it. any
clue??? also if i wanted to upgrade the lights to LED, would that be possible?

75

Sweetwater Auto Wrecking is a Mopar yard in Spring Valley, Ca. Ask for Mark the Shark and tell him Dave sent you. (The guy that bought the yellow/black '65 Dart GT from him) 619-475-1005 You're welcome, good luck!

45

Hi, the tail light bulbs are 1157 and the head lights are available at any auto parts store. LED lights are not an upgrade because they don't give off enough light to see from the back. Remember the tail lights were designed for the light to reflect back into the base then out and with an LED light, they don't do that. If you don't want to get rear ended, stick with the standard bulbs.

8,585

There are 1157 replacement LED bulbs that are supposed to work with the older units. They do NOT. Trust me. I know. Stick with the bright 1157 bulbs. They work well. Sylvania makes one lot, I know. For the headlamps, you have many choices for the standard 7 inch round lamps. I have used, and LOVED, the HELLA Vision Plus lights (Yes, they are DOT approved) with the PIIA ultra white H-3 bulbs. You will need an adapter kit to make them work, but it only takes about 15 minutes to install, and NO cutting of the factory harness. best of all, it removes the heavy draw of the lamps from the ancient wiring, so is much safer all around.