overheating

Asked by Jun 19, 2009 at 09:28 AM about the 1960 Dodge Dart

My car gets hot and all I did was to change all th hoses. They are connected correctly and it didn't overheat before I changed hoses. timdlat@aol.com

35

check the thermostat, it might be stuck or just bad, you can find new ones at your local parts store pretty cheap.

5

sorry to hijack your post, but i also have a 1960 dart, i havnt met anyone else with one yet so i thought i would ask you where you get your parts from? some things i am finding very hard to get a hold of. cheers. p.s. is the thickness of your hoses the same? the only reason i ask is water resticktion, or airlock. anyway, all the best. matt

65

there is air in the system,u need to bleed and fill at the highest point in the cooling system