My 1981 Dodge Colt won't turn over

Asked by Oct 07, 2011 at 04:03 PM about the 1981 Dodge Colt

MY colt sat with no gas for 2 months. I put 5 gallons in it yesterday & tried to start it. It has spark but won't turn over. I bough a can of starter spray & sprayed it into the carburator with the "butterfly" held open. The car started but stalled. I tried pumping the gas pedal to feed some gas not starting because the gas to the fuel pump but it still wouldn't start. I tried the starter spray again & the same thing happened. I'm pretty sure the car won't startstay running because there's no fuel getting to the carburator. Any suggestions of what else I can do to get the car running again without paying a fortune to a mechanic?

15

I have an 82 colt that wasnt started for about a year. same thing id pour gas down carb it would start then die. i put a new fuel pump in and it started right up and now runs great. or you can see if fuel filter is clogged. Good luck hope this helps.

15

Did you get my reply? Any luck?