has anyone modified metal rear bumper 251 807 311D to replace the fiberglass number on 1991 vanagon?

Asked by May 13, 2014 at 01:01 PM about the 1991 Volkswagen Vanagon

I have a 1991 vanagon and would like to replace the fiberglass number.  The bumper for
sale say they do not replace the plastic ones.  Except gowesty who says they will fit with
modification.  thanks,sally

4,855

There are some great aftermarket tubular bumpers on Vanagons out there...I don't have any sources right now, but I'm sure they can be had and would be much better that the OEM metal one with the crappy plastic endcaps.

4,855

For example...

195

Hi my name is Jamie ,gowesty is great for that kind of stuff ,when I need things for my 1983 vanagon westfilia I always go to gowesty for that kind of stuff .that's what I would do ,but that's me I do things the right way the first time ,and I've had great luck with them ......Jamie P.s. Call Josh at the shop and ask him. ( 805/528-7888 )

195

This is what I have on my van....Jamie Click on my face and chk. Out my van and see