HELP PLEASE!

Asked by Aug 05, 2010 at 04:21 AM about the 2001 Volkswagen Cabrio

I have a2001 VW Cabrio. It started sputtering when you take off. We had it tuned up. Still didnt work. Changed the fuel pump... still not working. It idles with no problem... runs in reverse with no problem.. when you try to drive forward it sputters and sometimes stalls. Other times it will run but not over 5 MPS. Can someone please help? Im running out of money!

425

My guess is you have a leak in the intake system somewhere. Are there any codes? If there is a leak you will get a lean bank code. Autozone will read the codes for free.

75

I have the same year/make. I am having the same issues. It will sputter and stall on me (mostly after it has not been driven for a period of time). Have you had any luck with this issue since your post? I hesitant to bring it to a auto shop, or dealer because it will cost me money just for them to tell me how much money it will cost to fix, and even then it's possibility they won't fix the problem. Any help with this matter would be greatly appreciated.