89 Reatta cranks but will not start.

Asked by Mar 20, 2012 at 11:46 PM about the 1990 Buick Reatta

The fuel rail pressurizes with air and the car will not start. sometimes it will start and run normally but then unpredictably stall and the fuel rail is full of pressurized air again.  Fuel level does not seem to matter.  The problem was a sudden onset. Right now it cranks and cranks and cranks but will not start, fuel in the rail but after a long series of cranks it is all air again.
Related car did not have 89 for reattas.

75

The wires to the fuel sensor/pump might be corroding. I just replaced mine. It works like a top now... Unfortunately now my ABS brake system just died and the part is unable to be found unless remanufactured. Let me know if you would like a 1990 for parts as I think I am ready to sell. The whole car is in great shape with the exception of the ABS.