I am looking for a red/white 1976 Ford Pick sold to Lewsiton area of Idaho from washington!

Asked by Jun 17, 2013 at 05:13 PM about the 1976 Ford F-250

My boyfriend buit, painted, and hot roded this truck around it was his baby, then he met a girl and she cleaned out the checking account, so to not loose his new ford he sold the old Ford :( and paid the bills and a washer and dryer. Now the wife is long gone and the washer and dryer are broke, and the only thing he misses of the whole deal is his truck. I am Hell bent to find this truck! I have the vin number and cash in hand, and pictures. We went on a road trip and he made sure that we drove back through the Lewiston/ Clarkson area to look for it. He sold it to a man who had a small dealership that sold old Fords in that area. Any ideas on how to find this baby and bring it home? I would give anything to have some one drive it up on the wedding day! SOME WOMEN ARE EVIL! but some of us take that extra mile to fix the damages done. Any help at this point is helpful!

With the VIN# and the use of a CarFax report, you MAY be able to trace the history of the car after it was sold from that Ford dealer....at best, you might be able to narrow it down to the area where the car was last titled & registered. Even then, it will be a "finding a needle in a haystack" scenario, IMO. Got any REALLY good friends in law enforcement? They're the only folks who may be able to zero in on its whereabouts...I think they have resources for this type of thing. (i.e. I once used a family member/cop to track down an ex-GF who tried steal $$ from me...this was on the down low though..not something he REALLY should have been doing). Good Luck finding her...sounds like you're the woman he should have married in the first place!

Nothing older than a 1981 model can be carfaxed. - Jim

Oh well...so much for the Carfax idea based on what Js08016 stated. Hopefully you can find other options...again, Best of Luck!

The only option I know of would be to have the local law enforcement run the VIN and see if it comes up registered to anyone. Maybe if the dealer is still around, you could ask them if they have any record of who it was sold to. That's about your only options. Good Luck, Kenny / MrBlueOval.

Thank you all the help, I found a compnay that said the vin has not been registered as totaled so I have hope still. I am going to the dmv tomorrow, sooo fingers crossed, and wish me luck!

GOOD LUCK. Hope you find out where the truck is, let us know if you do. Kenny / MrBlueOval

That's awesome! Yes, please let us know!! -Jim