Carb Problems?

85

Asked by Apr 25, 2016 at 01:48 PM about the 1956 Chevrolet Bel Air

Question for the experts.  My 1956 Bel Air has been a bit cantankerous lately, after driving for 45 min or so, slow around the neighborhood, it starts acting like its going to die, then stops running and will not start.  Almost like its flooding.  Could it be bad carb?  whats the best way to clean or fix?  not a mechanic btw, however I was able to remove it!!!

26,255

check/change fuel filter...check/set float level.

85

fuel filter and fuel pump are less than a year old? However I will check. Not sure what float level is however will research. thanks