1953 Chevy Belair Pink Wire On Positive Side Of ignition Coil

20

Asked by Apr 14, 2007 at 06:27 PM about the 1953 Chevrolet Bel Air

There Is a pink wire attached to the positive side of the Ignition coil, I don't know where the other end of the wire is supposed to go. I don't have any spark so the car don't start. I think the reason why I don't have spark is because this wire needs to be attached somewhere.
         If one end of the pink wire goes to the positive side of ignition coil does anyone know where the other end of wire gets attached?

3,555

Here's a 1953 Chevrolet AEA Wiring Diagram, which includes a schematic of the starting circuit: http://www.1953chevrolet.com/PDF/53ChevSchematic.pdf. Hope that helps, JohnnysBelair!

try changing the points,whats the wire got to do with it? Is this wire disconnected? why would it be disconnected?

20

I believe that wire goes from the ignition switch to the coil. If it's not there, you only have the ground side of the electrical circuit getting to the coil.