I put some stop leak for a head gasket in my 1992 Toyota Celica and after doing it I'm not getting any water to my engine. Could this stuff have plugged it up, or is it something else?

Asked by Jul 04, 2014 at 10:02 AM about the 1992 Toyota Celica

My 1992 Toyota Celica keeps over heating. Have replaced the thermostat and it seems to be
working ( I think!) but for some reason I'm not getting any water to my engine. HELP!!

237,255

Possibly. What do you mean by not getting to your engine? Coolant resides in the coolant passages in your engine, this heats up and then the thermostat opens allowing cool coolant to travel through the engine from the radiator. Did you bleed the system of air?

64,395

Stop leak,is not ment to stay in the engine,it is suppose to be flushed shortly after you run engine,and then replace with coolant.My advice would be to flush engine coolant.

20

And after doing the previous I would use K & W block sealer works great

65,975

Your cooling system passages are now plugged and restricting the flow of coolant which is causing the overheating. I bet your heater doesn't work now either? That's a sure sign the heater core is now plugged up as well. Get a chemical cooling system cleaner and flush the stop leak junk out. HTH. -Jim

20

What is the process to bleed the system of air and where is the valve