Heater not working

Asked by Nov 30, 2015 at 08:49 PM about the 1993 Toyota Camry

What  the f**k, i am not a damn robot

11,115

I would recommend checking your coolant level first. Check the reservoir tank to make sure it's topped off to the fill line. If the system is full, there could be a few possibilities of a stuck open thermostat, or blockage in the heater core, etc.

I don't know what you mean by that... so I will ignore it and try you give you my advice as well as I can. First -- do you mean the blower fan does not work or it blows cold air? Let's go with the blower works. I tried to find an image... no dice. But there is a valve, on the '93 Camry is mechanical/cable operated to open and close engine coolant to heater core. The valve may be clogged, or the cable to it is broken and not allowing coolant to core. There are two hoses, ½ ID going to firewall to core, supply and return. Look for the valve, that is supply. Try to turn it manually. Be sure your coolant is topped off, all the way to brim in radiator, and about ¼ full cold in reservoir. Or wherever the lines on plastic tank are.

Hi Mark. I was off looking for images, your post was not there. Good evening --- and I would really like to know what this dude means with that remark.....?

11,115

No worries, I do that sometimes too. There is another post by the same author that states "nothing comes on". I saw it after my original post, so I'm assuming the blower motor is not powering on. The robot comment.. I think when a non user posts, it will ask for a code that is randomly displayed to verify the poster is not a "robot".

Ahhh... never thought of that

8,840

Ya .. that's cause your the Answerer (a pretty good one too) The ask-er has to check the robot hoobie