Asked by May 14, 2014 at 10:32 PM about the 1997 Toyota Camry LE V6

When you say that your ac/heater not working, do you mean that your blower motor is not coming on? If the blower motor is not running, take a hammer and tap on the bottom of your blower motor. Should be on right side under glove box. After giving it a few good taps, it will probably turn on. This may only make it work for a day or so. The brushes in your fan are most likely shot. You will have to replace blower motor.

but im not even getting power to the fuse that's under the hood so if that's not getting power will the blower motor still turn on

There is more than just one heater fuse. I have a 99 camry. I just went out and checked my layout. I have one 10 amp heater fuse behind my change box door on the left side of dash by the steering wheel. Under the hood I have a heater relay with a fan 2 and a fan 3 relay. Then at the very end, I have a 50amp heater fuse. Should have a clear face with a very wide metal fuse/wire. If any one of these has failed, you probably will not get power to the one you tested. Is your fuse box diagram readable, or has it all worn off?

i thank you for your help i would have to check for all that but im going to be in the hospital all day and part of tomorrow too my wife is having our baby but as soon as i get a chance ill take a look and once again thanks for your help

i checked all the fuses related to AC/Heater and they all checked out good and i have the owners manual and it has a fuse layout diaphragm

How about relays? You may have power going to the relay, but is it a good relay?

Just for a quick test, you can jumper a wire from a fuse that has power to the one that is dead. That should make you fan turn on.

hey Reelin68 its me again 97 Camry ac/heater problems well let me start off by telling you that this is like the 6th compressor its gone through but it just burns up the clutch not the hole unit only the clutch one thing i do notice when its working when you come to a stop with the car in gear there's this winding noise it almost sounds like the power steering is low on fluid but you push the ac button off and the noise stops i really don't know what to do any more if you can give me any info i will be very thankful

I'm not too familiar with the wiring for A/C units. All I can think of is, if you're not doing the work yourself, is the shop guy over tightening the belts? The only other thing I can think of... is there some sort of voltage regulator that reduces the voltage to the compressor? The last thing is...have you replaced your Receiver-Dryer? That takes water out of your system. If your system is filling with water, it will ice up. Not sure if that's going to cause your clutch to burn up, but I can't imagine it's doing your system any good. Just some thoughts.....

My girlfriend and I have the same 96 Camry. So I switched out relays and the resistor. We thought the resistor was bad cause mine in hers, it worked. so we got a new one. then, it stopped working. I already had the parts off under the dash, and when I turned the switch from off to low I could hear it try to do something. So, I reached over and tapped the bottom of the motor with my knuckle a couple of times and it started working. I took the motor out and there is a piece you can pry up and see the wires to the motor. I held it and put a couple of drops of 3 in 1 oil at the base/shaft and it works better than ever. Just getting dried out. Hope this helps. Also, if no one mentioned it, the resistor is on the drivers side next to the gas peddle. No one new I asked auto places etc looked on line no one knew. Finally I tracked it down.