Key won't turn in the ignition.

Asked by Feb 15, 2015 at 11:26 PM about the 1999 Plymouth Grand Voyager

We are having problems getting the key to turn in the ignition. It has taken us an hour at times before the key will turn. The amount of time it takes is not consistent. We have tried a graphite spray but that did not help, nor did using a copy of the original key. Do you know what is wrong and if it is an easy DIY or do we need a mechanic? Thank you.

750

YEP IT COMES DOWN TO GETTING A NEW IGNITION SWITCH WHICH WOULD BE THE EASIEST WAY OUT OR IF SOMEBODY HAS EVER WORKED ON LOCKS BEFORE THAT YOU MIGHT KNOW THAT KNOWS HOW TO TAKE THE TUMBLER APART AND CHECK TO SEE IF ONE OF THE SPRINGS IS HUNG UP.WORK TO THE WISE IF YOU NEVER TAKIN ONE APART BEFORE DONT DO IT LITTLE PARTS GO FLYING IF THAT HAPPENS YOU MIGHT AS WELL GO GET A NEW ONE