My 1992 Cutlass Ciera ran fine, car ran out of gas and now want start? Any help?

5

Asked by May 28, 2011 at 06:14 PM about the 1992 Oldsmobile Cutlass Ciera

check for fuel at the fuel rail, you may have killed the fuel pump

how do you change the fuel pump? I know it is in the tank but do not know the steps to take.... shut off gas line. what to unpluge and so on.

5

my fuel pump went out on my 91, same thing... ran out of gas! i just cut a hole in my trunk and got to it that way it was like a 70 dollar part, and pretty easy to put in. i didnt put the other things that you usually put in with a fuel pump just the bare minimum works great now! but gas gage doesnt read right.

remove the tank and use a brass punch and tap it counter clockwise and the ring will come out and then lift the pump assenbly out. first disconnect the wiring harness and the fuel lines before lowering.