1990 240 sx

Asked by Apr 30, 2013 at 03:35 PM about the 1990 Nissan 240SX

engine missing. replaced ecu, injectors, fuel filter, new plugs and wires, tested wiring.all good. #3 injector miss fire.test reads everything is firing correctly but it is not.

does it crank evenly? as unknown we should verify that the timing chain is in the correct location, this one has a distributor? if it does pull the cap, see if the rotor is all that, cracks show up as carbon traces and the little pushbutton in the middle should yield a bit but not fall out- the basics please air, fuel, spark, timing----kinda drivin' this burro backwards, eh?

the computer will know if your battery is old thru mis-baving badly, seen this on Datsun's before~Get a fresh battery 1990 is more than ten years old=kaput---get a brand new one reputable brand (not walmart)---the ecu will see proper voltage after cleaning off the ground terminals black wire to chassis and the 1/0 battery cable to the engine block as well. It is through reliable solid power (who's connections are clean for the job) that we can expect the computer to start co- operating with us~

yep...could very well be a cracked cap...like my associate Cody asserted---report back~