91 ford tempo 2.3L w/ac My question is after car warms up engine lite comes on and immediately the engine wants too cut-off.I am able to keep it running but the engine continues to run terrible.

Asked by Oct 21, 2015 at 05:30 PM about the 1991 Ford Tempo

This problem has gone on for quite a while. The problem is worse in hot weather (engine gets hotter quicker in hot weather) and the opposite is true in the winter(engine lite stays out longer in colder weather) eventually once the engine is good and hot the lite remains on and the engine continues to run terrible at times to the point of stalling. Up to now I have yet to find a tech. that can pinpoint the problem. Please help if you can, thanks.

71,645

This is going to be a tough one because Ford OBD I vehicles are extremely hard to pull trouble codes from. By what your saying it happens when the engine tries to go into closed loop operation. My first suspect would be the (O2) oxygen sensor. HTH. -Jim