my 92 tempo starts then loses its spark what causes this problem

Asked by Jan 24, 2014 at 04:31 PM about the 1992 Ford Tempo

78,195

Typical ignition module failure for that year, the distributors also have a pickup coil that disintegrates when you try to replace the module so be careful during the ignition module replacement that the pickup's connectors don't pull out of the distributor connector, if it does then your best bet is to replace the distributor assembly, make sure your mark the location of the distributor to block location and distributor to rotor location before you remove the old distributor as re-timing one of these can be a bit of a bear.